Saturday, March 28, 2009

Xiaohei - my previous correspondences with Town Council (TC)

20 Dec 08 (Me to TC):
Dear Sir/MadamI am a resident of XXX.I understand there had been complaints about the presence of a cat along ourcorridors and staff of the town council had on a few occasions came to check.The cat, fondly known as Chantek by residents who know and love her, has been the 'pet of the block' (at least to the longer-staying residents) from at least 7 to 8 years ago.If the town council has indeed acted on the complaints by some residents who donot like the presence of the cat, through no fault of hers, would you also kindly update us (residents who adore Chantek) what action has been takenagainst her?We want to set our mind at ease that she is not being harmed in any way.Much appreciated.

20 Dec 08 (TC to me):
Dear XXX,
Thank you for writing to the <TC>. Please be rest assured that your concerns have been forwarded to the respective department, and they will reply to you within 7 working days. We thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Have a great weekend ahead !

22 Dec 08 (me to TC):

Dear XXX,Many thanks for the reply. I will be waiting for the response to my earlier email. I wish to add on that my only request to you is to update us the whereabouts of Chantek so that we can visit her at our convenience. I certainly do not wanther to be put to slp unnecessarily (that is my only fear and concern).I had been feeling very stressed and unsettled since her disappearance lastFriday and seek your understanding that our attachment to the cat went back avery long way close to a decade ago. It will be a tragedy if her decision toventure up the block more than half a year ago has caused her harm in any way,because she cannot be tolerated.This festive season has been spoilt thoroughly but I certainly hope it can be more or less compensated by knowing that Chantek is fine and herwhereabouts...as the next best Christmas gift.It will be very disheartening if we live in a society where 'the people who hate get rewarded, while the people who love get punished'.I am eagerly waiting for some good news please.

22 Dec 08 (TC to me):
Dear XXX,
We thank you for your e-mail regarding chantek.
Please be assured that Chantek is not being put to sleep.
Could we have your contact number so that we could update you with regards to Chantek.
Kindly contact me at XXX or XXX if you have any further enquires.
Thank you and have a nice day.

22 Dec 08 (me to TC):
Dear XXX,Thanks a lot for the assurance. You may contact me at XXX.

23 Dec 08 (me to TC):
Dear XXX,Tried calling you but you were not available. Perhaps you can contact me at XXX when you are back.

29 Dec 08 (me to TC):
Dear XXX,Many thanks for sharing with me that Chantek has been released at Blk XXX. We have all been searching for her around that area a few times a day since Christmas eve but there has been no sign of her.There could be a number of reasons why she can't be found. We have asked a few people over there but they have not seen her.I am not sure under what circumstances was she released (was she frightened orterrorized by the other existing cats or ill, etc) that could lead her to disappear. We are very worried for her and also heartache and pain. We certainly do miss her a lot.I am writing to you again because I would not like to miss any sources to find her again. May I appeal for your kind help to contact me anytime if you do come to know ofher whereabouts (be it through residents complain there she is up in their block again, or whichever sources you happen to come across)?

30 Dec 08 (TC to me):
Dear XXX,
Thank you for your e-mail dated on 29th December 2008.
As spoken to you on 30 December 2008 , we will keep a lookout for Chantek whereabouts and keep you informed of the status.
Kindly contact me at XXX or XXX if you have any further enquires.

17 Jan 09 (me to TC):
Hi XXX, still trying to locate Chantek.Can I check with you if it was town council staff who had taken Chantek or was another 'agency' tasked to do the job? Were you present when she was taken and released at Blk XXX?Would be great if you can let me have some clues for me to continue to trace.

29 Mar 2009 (11.09am)

No comments: