Monday, March 16, 2009

Is our destiny cast in stone?

Why would we bother to have our fortune told? Why do we bother to ask about our life destiny from the shrinks or whatever medium?

If they are about good things, fine and good. But what if the outcome is not what you have expected, or worse, absolutely bad? Are we going to dwell on it and let it affect our lives?

What if you are told that you are going to be down on your luck and whatever money you earn, you will lose? Are you going to stop earning? Or are you going to find better ways to save? Or are you going to keep worrying and be despondent about it without doing something (cos you think since it's your destiny, nothing you do will help)?

Year after year, I have been told that I shouldn't go into investment. But should I let that stop me from doing it? If my life destiny says I can only get money from my main job, then I might as well die, because I know jolly well I can't continue to survive just on that all my life (provided government don't charge me bills, don't tax me, don't need me to continue to pay for house, pay for insurance, pay for TV license, property tax, etc). I call those our fixed costs (or expenses). That means, even if you starve yourself, those fixed costs are sure to suck you dry, anyway.

But, if I were to take the advice seriously, then am I not casting out all the opportunities?

It's quite sickening. The best is....don't need to know the 'supposed' life destiny. Can it really tell me my life in just a piece of paper? What about all the 'what-ifs' questions? Most importantly, even if it is really accurate, can I really change anything? If not, why cause myself more pain than life already is?

Can't I just follow my heart and my brain (if mine still works)?

16 Mar 2009 (8.56pm)

1 comment:

Me and My Two Precious said...

wow...chim wor... follow ur heart..