Friday, March 27, 2009

Thanks, Prof Tan!

It's just a simple curry puff. But the gesture was just too overwhelming. I was very touched and grateful.

Yesterday, while walking up to my office, I met an academic staff whom I have not met for a couple of months (partly because she was away on sabbatical leave to UK for a while). She asked how I was doing and other stuff. Told her very stress which she understood. Then she looked at me and said:"Cannot lah, you are too thin, need to eat more. Take this." She offered this curry puff she was holding on one hand. I told her I had biscuits in the office. She insisted and persisted that I take it. Felt it wasn't too polite to keep rejecting, and she really sounded serious and sincere. So I accepted it and took it up to office.

As usual, once into the dreaded door, I would start to be bog down till I miss my breakfast. By late morning, I was very hungry and hey presto, the curry puff appeared. I started eating it and I was so grateful for it.

Thanks a lot, Prof Tan for being so kind and approachable, as always. :) I hope I hadn't 'deprived' you of your breakfast yesterday.

27 Mar 2009 (11.19pm)

No comments: