Monday, March 23, 2009

A day of relaxation

First of all, my laptop has been sent for repair and I will be laptopless for about 1.5 weeks. Hopefully I can still post during this period. This post is done using hubby's laptop while he is at work (and I am not!). Here comes...

I am on leave today. Decided to take a day off because some contractor is visiting our unit to do some routine checks on the pipe. Further reinforced by the thought that something is wrong with my laptop' LCD panel and have to send to for repair before warranty expires. Thirdly, I was dead tired and sick of work that I thought with all the above reasons, I better take a day off to take care of my well-being too, while doing those errands.

Couldn't help but snapped a couple (more than a couple indeed) of pictures to represent and remember the day. These were random shots and they might not be of the best positions or quality but I just wanted to snap away the moments of the relative relieve and relaxation compared to the usual hustle and bustle of the working days.

I really hope such days can happen at least 1 every 2 weeks (not so greedy as to wish for it to happen everyday, though I will embrace it if it ever happens).


The morning started at the same time as usual. Took the train with hubby to have breakfast with him. Holding that laptop in the carrying case was a big burden but who cares as long as I was in the happy no-working mood! Even the view looks sweeter than usual. How nice if....




Tried to be the first customer at Acer Service Centre, International Business Park at 8.45am (it's opening hour) but I was about the 10th when I reached at about 8.50am. My turn at about 9.35pm. Admitted my laptop and carried the case back.

Couldn't help but admire the scenery on my way to catch a bus to Jurong East Interchange. Ahhh....empty fields are great therapies. I was trying to catch a glimpse of the egrets (or 'crane' that I called) but they weren't there when I headed back.


Where I started walking from. Anyway, that building is Creative Technology. Acer is behind it.


Finally saw the egrets. One of them later flew across the road where I came from. In my eagerness, I crossed the road back to try to take another closer picture of the 'flown-away' one, at the expense of a few missed buses. But who cares. The buses were frequent, and I was relaxing, remember?

This was the one. It stood still for quite a while. I decided not to wait and thus ran back opposite to wait for my bus. Enough of egrets for the morning. Happy to be this close to them anyway.


Off-peak hour interchange! The feeling was really, really different while walking. I can't express that in words but I swear I could feel myself smiling away. How much we need such breaks and therapies.


The Jurong East MRT station is a mad house every morning. I am always closing my eyes sleeping when I go to work and I could hear and feel the craziness. So while there, I saw a very peaceful station. Phew, I continued to smile.

Look!! The train at Jurong East. Can you see this while going to work in the peak hours? No chance. My heart was bursting out laughing! When the train started to move off, I told myself, "Stop reading and playing on your handphone. Look at the views around you. The peace you don't get to enjoy every morning. Just enjoy it now!" So I just looked out of the windows as the train moved till I reached my destination.


Snapshots along the way. Whatever that is different from the usual mornings. Just look at the cars and pedestrians!


Ahhhh....couldn't believe I am going home! And what's more, an eagle was flying above the train while taking this picture. Wasn't fast enough to capture so I decided to just watch it. Flying and gliding.


Closer to home!


The place where we try to spot egrets every morning. No disappointment as I had seen enough at Jurong East. Hahahaha..

Back home. Stil couldn't believe I am getting home! Wow, I love that feeling!


Walking, Walking in the opposite direction from the dreaded mornings. Ahhhhh...I wanna scream (of joy)!


Just look at the road and the street. Really peaceful...All great except for the very hot weather. Again, who cares as long as I am in a happy mood.


Greeted by the cattie.


Greeted by another cattie.

And the silly gal who was waiting for the lift to get home! WOW...Just loved that feeling.


Muah Chee greeted me!


In no time, I was out again, with dad to lunch. Waiting for feeder to makan at the central.


His pigs' organs soup with yam rice.

And my Kway Chap.

Hey, the mei cai is very good! I am addicted to it since the first time I ate. Really good.

See, Xiao Zhu Zhu? It came running to greet me (will post the clip later). Was back to my own place after lunch to wait for the whoever that was coming to check on the pipes.

The school next to my block made my leave very real! The kids are in school!! I am at home!!!! WOW WEE.......
Gosh, I think I am very hungry and thirsty for such breaks. I was fully absorbed today. Can we have this more frequently?
23 Mar 2009 (5.37pm)

No comments: