Tuesday, October 20, 2009

You are so sweet, Prof Tan!

Some months ago, in March this year, I had written a post to thank Prof Tan Chay Hoon on her curry puff offer. In the post, I was commenting on how little gesture like this can touch a heart and bring warmth to a very 'stressed' person, like me. :)

On a few occasions after the March encounter, we met along the way and had some long and short chitchats. It's always very nice to talk to her. You feel very assured and have that feeling of security. I can't describe it completely but talking to her just make magic! She's like a very kind mentor, sharing with you her little stories and lifting your spirit by the conversation. In any case, she is a psychiatrist.

I 'bumped' into her again this evening while I was running down the stairs from office. She walked up, held my arm and asked me to be careful. She was staring at my shoes (slightly heeled), pointing at them and telling me that such shoes can cause injury if I was not careful.

Again simple words, simple gesture like this brings a smile to anyone! Started a day with a very depressed mood, but ending the day with such encounter....I am truly appreciative.

Thanks again, Prof!

9.17pm

No comments: