Saturday, October 31, 2009

Stop sending me cheques!

I have been receiving cheques sent by banks issued to my name for a couple of thousands. dollars each time. Ha, dream on if you think it's a cheque issued to me for nothing!

It's actually the credit line which the banks are trying to 'entice' customers to use. That essentially means you are drawing the bank's money to use, and that means you are 'borrowing' from the bank, and that means you have to return the money, AND that means you have to pay an interest for the money!

There is no free lunch. That is understood.

What I can't stand is that they have to use this tactic to draw customers' attention or use of this service. I consider these junk mails. It confuses me whenever I receive these because I need to think for a while if these are a real cheque paid to me by some insurance companies, etc, or it's one of those rubbish. One of these days, I may end up tearing the real cheques!

If I am going to receive one again, I swear I am going to write a letter or email to the bank to warn them to stop sending me. Else, I have no qualms about cancelling the credit cards facilities if I have to!

So stop sending me these junks!

11.18am

No comments: