Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Down with bad throat again!

Been having a bad throat for slightly past a week. Started with a sore throat with my voice going haywire. Then came the cough with started last week. Went to the doctor on Sunday (to another clinic cos my family doctor was not on). By yesterday, my cough didn't get better and was still desperately coughing away day and night.

The two men kept pestering me to see doctor again last night. So off I went. My doctor wasn't in so I saw his locum, a woman doctor who was pretty nice to talk to.

After prescribing the medicine, she asked if I need medical leave for today. I told her no need (cos I was thinking I already had 2 days last week and had loads of work to clear). She looked at me and said: "You still want to go to work like that? You know, if you have a kid, you will need to even quit your job! You need to rest and minimize talking! Your organisation will continue to run without you!" I told her about the 2 days MC I had last week and she asked, "but did you rest then?". I realised I had not because there was a very important task I was following through for last Saturday's meeting.

So the first day of last week's MC, I was at work in the morning and only leaving at noon. Then on the second day, I was literally working at home. I wasn't really resting or sleeping on both days!

She said she was going to give me two days MC to rest. And advised me to rest, have at least 8 hours of sleep every night and need to manage stress at work.

Wow, cool doctor. Her words were so reassuring that I told myself, "Never mind, the co can fire me (though I prefer to leave on my own accord, heehee) but I am going to rest, rest and rest. Heck with the emails.

So, am going to sleep now. zzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

9.11am

2 comments:

Me and My Two Precious said...

Dear...
The coy will not be on a standstill for a day without U, but for the rest of us.. our world will be on standstill for the rest of our life without u!


(hahaha.. touching wor... I copy frm Channel 8 Show 1)heheheh....

Maomie said...

Hahaha, thank you wor!