Saturday, January 31, 2009

To Live, To Eat, To Work

I am waking up at 5plus am on this Saturday morning (as in now), fully stressed and cannot get back to sleep. Had to log in to office email to clear whatever mails that came in between the time I knocked off yesterday till now. And sent some mails which I didn't have time to do so while in the office. There are still tons of things left undone and overdue (to the extent of getting rotten). Why, why, why? I am at very high risk of being slaughtered by different groups and individuals every day. I owe many people many things which I really have not enough hands and brains to SUPER MULTITASKS.

Well, so now here I am, wondering what am I doing with my life. Sitting in front of my computer at home, thinking about work in the office when I am supposed to rest and relax in bed. My mind is generating rubbish again. Wondering why we are trying so hard to survive in an unhappy environment.

To Live:
We are born to this world and we are expected to live till we are 'asked to leave', which we really do not know when. In order to live, we need to breath, we need to eat, we need to be healthy. These are the basic needs for basic living. In order to live better, we still need to breathe, we can eat better, we can even be healthier (with lots of tonics, supplements, with best doctors) but of course this may not be fully true, we can have better house, we can have lots of material goods, we can participate in more entertainment, we can be involved in more meaningful activities, etc, etc...Be it a basic living or a far more better living, we need the means to support -> MONEY

To Eat:
No one lives without eating (at least I haven't heard of one). To live, we need to eat. In order to eat, we need the means -> MONEY. No one feeds you for free, at least in the society I live in. If we want to eat better, we need more means -> MONEY. Where do we get MONEY? No one gives you MONEY for free, so we need the means also -> WORK FOR IT!

To Work:
Is money the only objective of us working? It may be, it may not be. Let me put the question another way. Is money the only objective of us putting up and suffering in a place where we really do not want to be in and dying to get if given a choice? YES! Why work is such a pain?

So really, do we eat to live, live to eat, live to work, work to live, eat to work, work to eat, or what?? Can we select what formula we want? So what if we don't want to work or don't want to eat or don't want to live? Can we still live and eat without work?

Work is a non-living thing, so the harm is not with work per se. Just like an organisation itself is not the problem of our work problems. The only reason why work or workplace is a pain is because of the humans involved. Whatever humans touch, whatever rots.

Conclusion:
In order to live, we need to eat. In order to eat, we need to learn to be an ass in order to deal with other asses (pardon my language). Otherwise, we need to thicken our skin so that we can withstand hacking from other asses.

Ok, I owe myself a good weekend. So I am going to claim it back. To hell with work and the asses.

31 Jan 2009 (7.37am)

No comments: