Thursday, January 1, 2009

My dad's 70th birthday celebration

Decided to have a simple celebration for dad's 70th birthday which falls on 3 Jan. Well, since he has not gathered with his friends for quite a while, thought may be a good opportunity for a little gathering as well. And the outcome - we ended up with some representations from different groups (ie a bit of my family, hubby family, a bit of dad's friends from different groups, my friends, current neighbour, ex-neighbour). That's the best we can do for limited resources, heeheehee.....

We had buffet lunch catered by Yan Palace. I always wanted to try their buffet but no chances. Finally, finally. I would say their food taste better than some of the other caterers we had tried before. Moreover, it's a very old restaurant so I don't expect anything below average. Outcome - not too disappointing though some taste are based on individual preference. (Sh**! I forgot to take pictures of the spread. What a nerd I was!)

Friends for 30-odd years. My most familiar group. Been interacting with them since I was very very young. In other words, they see me grow up one lor. :)


My mum-in-law, brother-in-law and sis-in-law with my nieces and nephew. All enjoying their mango pudding, it seems. :)

Ex-neighbour, with her grandchild and my still existing neighbour who has very kindly lent us 8 pieces of chairs to cater to our guests. :)


Another dad's long-time friend, the physician and his wife.

Enjoying the plants? Thank goodness we have a reasonably wide enough corridor to hold some folks.


Hope we weren't too noisy to our next door neighbour. Paiseh. ")

Was a little sub-gathering among these friends as well, I think. Mmmm....most of them stayed in the 'northern hemisphere' (of Singapore, I mean).

Husbands of their wives (what rubbish I talking!)

Another group of the husbands of their wives (Stop the rubbish!)


This is my pal, Irene and her hubby, with their two precious. Can go visit her blog for more funny things lah.

My niece Amanda, with Kerin.


Here's dad's cake. The abacus. For him to count 4D, Toto winnings. Heehee :)


Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you.

Who took this pic ah???

Me have a share too, cos my birthday is tomorrow hor! Jie hua sian fuo. I also need the abacus to count my bonus leh. :)

.....................


Guess who is hungry??

Someone's very seriously posing for the pic wor!

In my haste, I had missed taking a pic with Bessie and family! Sorry my dear. :(

Time to cut the cake.

Continue to enjoy and talk.....

Yummy, yummy. What a fortunate kid. ")

Mei-mei too engrossed with her cake to pose. Heehee....Those are Nixon and Terry.

Who is that behind the green-faced monster, taking pic with Bessie ah?

Darel, Bessie and Amanda enjoying their food.

Stop playing...eat your food lah! :p

Yeah....a little party in the room. Shiok.

Here's our gifts. Thanks all for the nicey presents and angpows.
Hope you had a great afternoon with nice food. Happy New Year to you. Kids are going back to school tomorrow though.
1 Jan 2009 (9.54pm)

No comments: