Friday, May 1, 2009

All about swine?

Swine flu pandemic? As in pig? Without this pandemic, I will probably never know that pig is also known as...swine. What a graceful name, I thought. I looked up the online cambridge dictionary to find out the meaning of swine and here's what the results returned:


Swine (animal) : a pig

Swine (person) : a person whom you consider to be extremely unpleasant and unkind

Swine fever: a serious disease of the pigs

Looks like the name is nothing graceful at all with all the negative expressions. The poor pigs are in the bad books again.

1 May 2009 (5.59pm)

4 comments:

Me and My Two Precious said...

another new word to use on pple...swine swine swine..

Maomie said...

hahahaha....but we hv nothing against swine. Can think of other names for pple or not?

Me and My Two Precious said...

nope...swine swine swine swine...sweetie, how are u recently? Long tim no see u...wor...

Maomie said...

still surviving. Lets dine this week or next week leh.