Thursday, December 25, 2008

Search for Xiaohei begins

The Town Council has replied to assure us that Xiaohei has not been put to sleep and asked for my contact number so that they can contact me. They didn't call so that I called the Property Officer who was always not available.

Finally she returned my call yesterday slightly past 11am. She said that they had brought Xiaohei to another block and release her there. The block is just across a street to ours. I was hopeful again. She commented that Xiaohei is very nice cat, doesnt bite. But they couldn't help it due to complaints. That I understand. I just want to find Xiaohei. I shared that I was very worried they would kill her. The officer replied that they are not so cruel to do that. I should have probed more as to who brought her there and which part was she let off exactly, etc but I didn't as I was full of excitement to know where to start looking for her now.

As we were given halfday on Christmas eve, I came back and decided to share this with one of my neighbours who loved Xiaohei very much too. I went to their home and told them. They also thought Xiaohei must have been caught and put to sleep. The mum told me their daughter was also very worried about Xiaohei and almost wanted to cry. They said they would go find her when they go out later.

I went home waiting for hubby to come back, then we went to those cluster of blocks to try to hunt for the silly gal at about 3-plus pm. We saw other cats but no sign of Xiaohei. We even asked one man who was feeding those cats there. As our description of Xiaohei was not very accurate so didn't really find out much. I was so stupid to have forgotten to show him Xiaohei's picture from my handphone. I brought with me the bunch of keys and the container of food and we shook those while walking hoping to attract her, as that was what we usually do when she was at our place. Whenever she heard those, she would come running to us. Anyway, after the first round, I was disappointed. My hope was raised when I found one at our next block thinking it was Xiaohei. After scrutinising it for a while, we confirmed that wasn't Xiaohei.

Had actually wanted to go with hubby again early this morning to find her again but he had to go driving range last minute, so I went on my own after he left at about 6am. I wanted to try at different times of the day. I went round those 4 blocks and carpark but still no sign. So after half an hour, I walked back home, disappointed and worried once again. Later on when's it's brighter, I will go again.

I hope she hasn't ventured out of those areas. I also hope she hasn't gotten into fights with or chased away by those existing cats there.

My poor Xiaohei, where is she? She will be the best Christmas gift if I find her today.

Bless me, bless Xiaohei.

25 Dec 2008 (7.15am)

1 comment:

Pespi or Taxi said...

Lucky, I found that tey are so funny why tey cant leave her there and they put her to another block. If tat block ppl complaint then where tey going to put her again???? why cant leave her alone????