Monday, November 3, 2008

A Relaxation Trip to Batam (Harris Resort)

Had another relaxing trip to Batam over the weekend. The original plan was to go in November but hubby saw me very very stress, so decided to bring forward the trip. Wish can go there more often. A nice getaway for a short trip.


Here's our room. It's facing the swimming pool. Can also see sun rise in the morning. The room was ok, except for a broken socket which we didn't really care.

Playing with mirror in the lift. Love to play with mirror images leh, can't help it.


Playing with this every time I stepped into the lift. Trying to get a better one than the last. Hahahahah....Also the only time we can take a picture with both of us.
Here's the pool. We stayed on the highest floor (well, we requested for high floor when we booked), that is the 5th floor! I love the pool leh. For a not too good swimmer like me, I am happy to have a big area where the depth is not more than 1.5meters, that is separated from the deep pool (2 meters)!! Shiok boy!!
Here's where the jacuzzi is supposed to be. But when we used the pool, er...like no jacuzzi leh. Anyway, see the water falling from the top? Was nice sitting underneath though. But this little pool is a little dirtier than the normal one. So we didn't stay long here. But but, nice hor?
Here's the pool!! The portion nearer to the screen is the less deep pool where I can float and swim freely! The one at the extreme right is the deep pool. Can you see some nets? Can also play water polo. Hehehe...And look at those 'beach chairs'. Very nice. Some look even like 'san lun che'. And then hor, the delightful thing was, the staff will leave towels and a bowl of mixed nuts on the table. So you could snack after your swim. Nice thought.
This is the leisure club. It houses a Jap/Korea restaurant (quite ex), karaoke, bowling alley, squash court, foot reflexology centre, meeting rooms and a souvenir shop, etc. When I stepped in, I thought that place seemed deserted and run down. But well, that might not be the peak period. See those huts on the building? That place is the massage centre and the huts are for massages for solos. Ambience quite good leh.
The sunrise view from our room!
Lots of mummies in the lobby as that was the halloween period. Luckily not scary enough to frighten me!
After we settled down on the first day, we took the free shuttle to Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre and headed straight to my Ayam Penyet stall! Mmmm.....the sambal is simply nice! But spicy lor. I don't quite like the fried tofu and another dunno what thing that came with the chicken though. I only enjoyed the chicken (so small until I wonder if it's a bird) and sambal!
This is the store we had ayam penyet.
This is the food street. This is only one side of it. Behind this is another stretch. There are also some restaurants upstairs. So basically, there is no lack of food here.
Look! There is still an A&W there! Have not seen this in Singapore for years! I had been eyeing it since our last visit. So am actually waiting to see how full I am after the ayam penyet before deciding whether I could patronise it.....
We were quite full after the ayam penyet, so we went for a walk and with some time left before the transport picked us up, we found a nice spot at A&W and ordered a root beer float and a duo fries (which consisted of curly fries and the normal fries). I really missed drinking the float.
This was one of our activities, other than bowling, swimming and massaging. Airgun shooting targets. Wah, my hand ached like hell after it till the next morning, then it became pain. But it was a fun try. Been wanting to try shooting for a long time. I was a little disappointed that they gave me a gun with a little faulty magazine.
Here's out targets. I managed to hit a bull's eye which I think was plain lucky. I didn't even know where the bullets went to! Hahahaha.....But at least, had a sense of achievement.
It's BBQ dinner by the beach on the second night. We paid S$30 per person. Hubby had made an advanced booking thus we had a table by the beach as well. There were a variety of food. BBQ, Mongolian BBQ, pasta, ice cream, etc...

Here are some of the food. The fish is food. Hubby said the sausages not nice and he didn't finish. Chicken wing was nice. I didn't quite like the baked tomatoes but hubby liked it. A little disappointed with the crab. The second one I took was quite soft and soggy. Prawns were nice too. I didn't try the pasta as I was kind of full. There was also live singing. Had actually took some pics of the spread they had, but the photos didn't turn out very well.


The centre table was where we set. Right in front is the sea. Well, it was really dark so couldn't really see anything. Overall, I still like the feel of dining here. Finishing our meal with an ice cream cone was simply heavenly!

I had been eyeing this since my first trip! Will target to try this at our next visit. If I am not wrong, I think it's $30 for a 10-minute flight. Can fly very high!! I like! Better than paying $10 for doing a flying fox. Don't you think so?
So much photos for now. Want more, let me know, I will try to see got anymore worth putting up or not.
4 Nov 2008 (9.00pm)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow the hotel look so nice. How much to pay for it per night???
Are u better now? Be happy

Maomie said...

Er...the package was like S$200 per night. It includes a one-hour massage, breakfast, lunch, and free shuttle to town. Of course, transfers from ferry terminal. Slightly better now, but dunno how long it will last. Really very stressful lor.
Any plans to go anywhere?

Unknown said...

May be u jz quit ur job & find a part time job, is much better for u. I got a frz also like that, aft tat she quit her job be a part timer, nw she feel happily.
Presently very busy unable to take leave. Actually I also very stressful and plan to take leave next week when my lady boss back from Papua New Guinea today, at the end cancel becos my big boss coming to town next week. Dec '08 worst unable to take leave becos my lady boss flying again.... I think I only can take leave will be within the CNY period liao.