Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A dark festive season

Throughout my working years, I have been enjoying the festive end of the year. It's the time of the year when everybody is in a festive mood and it lightens up your mood. So, every year, I look forward to the month of December. It is nothing but a holiday season, and a time to celebrate and party!

But not this year. This is my worst year end. With loads of backlogs to clear, I don't even know how to clear my annual leave. And this is the first time in my working life that I have so many days to clear (considering there is only 1.5 months to go). Instead of feeling joyous, I am feeling more pessimisstic and demoralised with each passing day.

So while everyone else is in a festive mood, I will be worrying about rushing and clearing my work. While everyone else is celebrating, I will be shutting myself up in anxiety. And while everyone else looks forward to a great start in the coming new year, I will be praying that I have enough time to clear the work, that have expired long ago, this year.

With the situations for the past months, I do not see any happy new year coming for me.

11 Nov 2008 (8.40pm)

No comments: