Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Graceful Swans and their way of life



I visited the Singapore Botanic Gardens on Sunday after thinking and thinking and thinking about it for months. The last time I ever stepped foot onto the botanic gardens ground was when I was still in primary school, I think. Couldn’t remember anything else except the monkeys and the swans.

The walk took me slightly more than 1.5 hours. Could have been longer if not for the fact that I was more interested in the swans than the plants!

This time round, the monkeys were gone (at least on Sunday when I was there). But the Swan Lake is still there (probably bigger, I cant remember) and as before, a pair of swans can be seen in the lake. And that's my main purpose - to visit the swans.

How amazing! Boththe swans followed each other and moved around together all the time. One followed the other, without leaving each other at any moment. What a couple! Whenever one stopped to drink or rest, the other followed. Whenever one stopped to eat, the other follow suit. Whenever one had finished eating and decided to move on, the other followed.

Even as I was snapping away pictures, I had to make sure both are captured in each shoot. I felt ‘morally wrong’ to even take a pic of just one of them.

How many pairs of the homo sapiens couples can beat the swans? For me, I sure haven’t quite reached there yet. At least on the Sunday, I was at the botanical gardens and my hubby was somewhere else. So well…..

Share more on my visit to the botanic gardens next time.

28 Nov 2007 (10.20pm)

No comments: