Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dad ran a high fever

I am not sure if I had passed the flu bug to dad as I was down with flu since last weekend.

Dad wasn't well yesterday and when I came home, he was in bed and was not in the eating mood. After my dinner, we took his temperature (when he mentioned his body was hot) and was shocked to see his temperature at 38.1C. Our GP clinic was closed last night so we went to another night clinic another street away.

The doc took his temp at the clinic and it was 38.5C! No wonder he was complaining about headache and bodyaching all over. The doc said that it was definitely a flu bug and want him to rest a lot so regain his immunity. So he was given med for headaches, fever and flu.

Thank goodness his fever had subsided this morning at 37.1C but his headache and bodyache are still not gone. I told him not to go out today because he may still be weak and the weather isn't too good with the smell of haze lingering in the air.

I took a day off to watch him and run errands for him. Hope dad gets well soon.

9.11am

2 comments:

Old Beng said...

Hope your papa recovers before CNY.

Maomie said...

Thank you, Old Beng. I hope so too. :) Hope you have recovered too.