Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Don't quite understand the high-flyers

Up to now, I still do not understand why some people 'high up there' keep taking on new roles, new responsibilities and new appointments. I understand they are 'up there' for a reason. They are intelligent, they are capable, they are needed by their departments, by their organisations and by the nation. But are they trying to chew more than they can swallow? Do they know that if they can't swallow properly, then people like us will have to answer for their 'indigestion'!

We need their time but time is one thing they seriously lack. We need their advices on some of the critical things (at least to us) but they have much more critical things to attend to. So much so that my 'life and death matters' appear to be just their bread and butter issues.

I do not know how to work in such environment (how I survived for so long in the first place).

The much needed time I managed to secure to discuss some urgent matters is being 'sacrificed' to other people for some much more urgent matters. And if I can't get my work out, who is to blame? Me. And when people chase for things, who get it? Me. And when complains come, who blames me? The person I needed to see in the first place.

Yes, they are in that position, they need the portfolio, they need their CV to be strong, they need other people to look up to them, they may want the status, the authority, the power, the money but second-class citizens like us will suffer the repercussions. But to them, it's probably our incapabilities.

I don't think I can work in such an environment for long. I have been meaning to post this long time ago but thought against it. But I am absolutely frustrated! Enough is enough.

28 Oct 2008 (9.20pm)

No comments: