Monday, October 27, 2008

Don't know what to think of some professionals

They are one of the smartest among the population in their own specialty. Perhaps their genetic makeup and the brain chemicals, neurons all work differently from the normal human kind, like you and I. Otherwise, how do we explain the vast differences in how we communicate, how we view issues, how we think, etc?

They've got an attitude of their own. They can only communicate and understand their own kind. The rests are like second-class citizens, or rather, their domestic maids.

I do not know how each category of professionals differ from one another because I don't work with every group of them.

The only dilemma I can think of is my feelings towards clinicians (aka doctors). They are the 'saviours' to our illnesses, our lives and the healing hands to our health. That's the perspective from a patient's eyes.

However, working for and with them are quite different things altogether. At worse, they are the cause of our mental breakdown and the partial contributors to the harmful chemicals appearing in our body.

In the healthcare setting, they advise patients to take care of themselves, reduce stress, and how to prevent illnesses. At work, they cause more stress to the workers and make the workers more 'sick', mentally and physically.

To be fair, I must say there are very good clinicians who are at the human-kind level whom I have encountered. But in general, my impressions of them are less positive.

From my previous and current encounters, it is my view that clinicians and adminstrators do not and cannot get along very well, in general. The former seems to want to do things their way, but the latter seems to always hinder them.

I wish to work with the normal beings. Can this be my new year resolution?

27 Oct 2008 (4.35pm)

No comments: