Monday, May 3, 2010

Drive again


White Toyota Axio (1.5A)
Yes! After talking and talking and thinking and thinking for a long time, I've finally set a date to get a car - not buy, but rent. The May Day holiday period was a good time, I thought.
Picked up the car at lunch time on Fri (30 Apr) and returned it noon today.
Long before I got the car, I had been planning where to go, how to go and I studied the directory like an encyclopaedia.
So finally, we had the following covered:
Fri, 30 Apr
- Got car from Sin Ming's Bull Carz (Blk 22) during my lunch time. Took a cab down.
- Drove it back to workplace. Send it for valet parking at $4 per day. Well, at least cheaper than parking in the carpark.
- Drove it back home after work amidst the heavy traffic (but not as bad as some days, still manageable traffic conditions, i was glad)
- For dinner, we drove out to Teacher's Estate somewhere Yio Chu Kang Rd. Been driven there before but i really didn't know the way till I did it myself!
Sat, 1 May
- Drove to IMM (havent been there for a long time)
- Dinner was supposed to be at the prawning place at Bishan but the carpark was full. Partly my fault cos I had a chance to park at one available lot far from the restaurant but I sort of gave it up. After that it was taken and that's it! So we changed venue to a seafood restaurant in AMK.
Sun, 2 May
- Was west yesterday, today east. Today we drove all the way via TPE to Pasir Ris Farmway. Colleague recommended the Ericsson Pet Farm. We were half hr earlier than the opening time so we went to other farms to look at fish, corals before coming back. The place was nice and I chance upon an animal shelter (Mdm Wong Shelter) and spoke to a volunteer, Ray. He was nice in sharing quite a bit of things. Decided to go back there to do some voluntary work whenever I can. Lots of abandoned cats and dogs. Wonder how people can just 'throw' their pets out. Sad humans.
- After that, we drove to Changi Village for lunch. Had the nasi lemak at the most famous International Stall but didn't really find it very special. The nasi lemak at my place tastes nicer. Bought some muffins home though. Had a little walk at the Changi jetty before set for home.
- Dinner was at Jack's Place, AMK Central. Got a fan home at Courts.
- Had a short evening casual drive to end the night.
Mon, 3 May
- Drove to the central to run a little errand.
- Before returning the car, we went to Bright Hill Temple and Tse Tho Aum.
- And it's bye bye to the Toyota Axio (1.5) which had accompanied us for the last 3 days.
Afternote: I was made to pay $280 for a scatch mark found at the left front bumper! I didn't know how that was there because I would have known if I scratched the car when I drove it! Clearly, it was done to my car unknowingly. Well, my since the car was my responsibility, I had to bear it. Took it as part of the entertainment expense. :)

No comments: