Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rest in peace, Muah Chee

Muah Chee was showing signs of discomfort yesterday evening when I return home from work. He was literally lying down in the cage with very very limited movement. He didn't respond when I patted him or even tried to carry him up. Even when he moved, it was obvious that his energy level was very low.

Since yesterday evening, I was feeling very lousy worrying about Muah Chee. When I woke up in the middle of the night a few times, I kept going to the cage to take a look at him. He was still in the motionless state. I heard some noises coming out from his mouth. Seemed to be panting or something like that. I noticed he had not eaten the food I gave, and the water bottle seemed to be still full. I was wondering if he was having respiratory problem.

I had a bad feeling that something was very wrong with him. But then, I wasn't able to do anything. I was very worried but at the same time, preparing for the worse. I kept patting him and asked if he was ok.

I left for work with a very heavy heart and an unsettling feeling this morning. Late morning (about 10.24am), I sms Dad to ask about Muah Chee. He told me Muah Chee was the same. Lying here and there, up the cage and down the cage, but low on energy.

Our sms-es continued and at about 1pm, dad asked if I was coming home earlier. I was puzzled. And his next sms was, "你的工作放得开吗?Muah Chee走了"



We brought Muah Chee home from Pet Lovers' Centre on 15 Jun 08. He was one month old then. So, he should be about 17 months old now. He came home very mini and in no time, he had grown into a little fattie! He was greedy, like any other hammies. He was cute. But he bites!



When I reached home, I saw Muah Chee in the cage. He really looked like he was sleeping. I took comfort in that. I patted him and he was already a little cold. I hope he didn't have to suffer a lot. I was not able to help him and I felt so handicapped.

We moved Muah Chee to this layer of paper and I spread some of his favourite sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds for him. He still looked so peaceful, isn't it so?

We placed him in this little box and buried him downstairs, near to Mao Mao. I hope both of them will be each other's company, and play together with the little angels in heaven.
I won't say farewell to Muah Chee, as he will always be around.
But, I am going to miss you lots. Rest in peace and hope you were happy in your one year plus with us.
9.01pm

No comments: