Friday, September 5, 2008

Mooncake Festival is Coming

The mooncake festival is coming in a week. Something different this year for me is that I have bought some mooncakes from the famous Da Zhong Guo. My mum used to queue for mooncakes from this store every year without fail when she was around. But of course, the original store is at Chinatown. So basically, I grew up eating Da Zhong Guo Mooncakes.

There so happen to be an outlet an Alexandra so I 'psychoed' my colleagues into having lunch there today so that I can try to get mooncakes from this old store. I bought 2 boxes of Lotus Paste with 2 yolks for my mum in law and one of my bro-in-law, on behalf of my father.

As for myself, I bought 2 pieces just for my own consumption plus two little piglets. Today is basically a nostalgic day. But I was happy to be able to eat Da Zhong Guo mooncakes after so long.


The traditional paper carrier which I don't quite like because the string makes your hand very painful from carrying it, especially when it is very heavy.



Here are MY two pieces of of 2 yolker and the two piglets. Dying to have a bite to see if it can bring back some fond memories.

Thanks Crystal and Angeline for agreeing to go with me for lunch at Alexandra!

5 Sep 2008 (9.55pm)

4 comments:

Me and My Two Precious said...

Selfish la.. Share also cannot, somemore so fated to meet without pre-arrangment..**sad sad..

Anonymous said...

I think their standard drop becos all the old ppl gone... BL

Maomie said...

Yah, actually nothing really fantastic, I thought.

Anonymous said...

Actually mooncake nothing special, I dont know why ppl buy it like crazy, especially u can see the crowd at Raffles Pl MRT Exchange & Takashimaya. BL