Saturday, January 2, 2010

Lunch @ 永和豆浆油條大王

I decided to 'call' for lunch at Yong He since I had accidentally come across its address on the newspapers on our dining table. I can speak loudly today because it's my birthday!

Used to go there with a classmate when I was in secondary school and once with dad many years ago.

Yong He operates 24-hour. It has more varied items on its menu now, like fried bee hoon, braised pork rice, beef noodles, etc.






These are the main products of Yong He. The you tiao (dough fritter) is not as hot and crispy as before. I noticed they are all pre-fried and placed in display warmer as the order goes. The dou jiang (soya milk is still fine but again, not as hot as before. :(

First item to go into hubby's mouth.

Dad's lunch (with the braised pork bun). That's little but he said it's enough.

Fried Spring Onion Pancake. I don't really like sring onion pancake but I was still ok with this.

担仔面, Dan Zai Mian. We were expecting some unique kind of noodle (eg la mian kind) but it was actually the normal yellow noodle. And it tasted more like prawn noodle than anything else. As a prawn noodle, it;s quite nice, esp with a few pieces of res cut chilli padi in it. But again, it's not hot enough. I wonder if our mouth got problem instead.

My favourite Shao Bing (toasted bun) with floss egg. I never fail to order this whenever I come. After this, my tummy was as full as anything.




It all came up to $16.60, excl our to and fro cab fare. Hahaha, but it;s all worth it. I have decided to do this (ie go to more makan places) more frequently.
4.00pm

No comments: