Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blogging is really the way to go these days

Creating, posting, reading. That much I know about blogging at the moment.

I visited the National Library last week and was actually looking for books on money, investments, visual basics, UFOs when I stumbled upon books on blogging.

Pardon my ignorance, but I really did not realize that blogging is such a serious affair that so many books are written on it! So I browse through some of them and got two for myself. In fact, I was very happy and excited as I can now have a ‘proper education’ on blogging. I can now try to improve my own blog or perhaps have another one for a different subject.

One of the books I have borrowed in about learning how to use Blogger. It seems like that version is not an updated version.

The one which I am reading now, which I find more interesting after hitting two chapters, is titled Clear Blogging: How people are changing the world and how you can join them (by Bob Walsh), published in 2007.

The book starts by commenting how blogging has changed both the business world personal world. The first chapter has recommended the blog of General Motors Number 2 guy, Bob Lunz,
which I am trying to read.

The book shares other information on, how to search for blogs of specific topics that interest you, how to build your blog (both personally and professionally), successful blogging, adding podcasting to your blog, blogging for fun and profit, building readership and blogging in the future. It has mentioned that ‘blogging is still in its early days and will continue to grow explosively’.

Well, here’s so much I want to share with you about this book. I am going to continue to read it. Hope to get more tips to improve my own blog!


27 Jan 2008 (8.09am)

No comments: