Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Batam Trip

Just went on a short trip (3 Days 2 Nights) to Batam from 19 - 21 Jun 08. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Batam. It was a great trip, tiring yet relaxing. Haha, the best part is that the hotel has given us a free upgrade to a better room.



A few pictures to share:


Here's our room. Looks like a decent one yah? Dining area, living room and bedroom. I couldn't ask for more! Perfectly satisfied.

After we checked in to the hotel, we left for the 2 Tua Pek Kong's temples - an old one and a new one. The picture here shows the older temple. In there, there is also the Kong Zi Temple. I remembered mum used to bring me to pray to Kong Zi whenever a school term was to start.


Here's my hubby and our driver, Uchang posing at the Batam bridge. Cars were allowed to stop at the side for people to enjoy the scenaries. Lots of locals selling snacks and drinks and ice cream and even rojak! Was a little tempted to buy. But seeing a mosquito flying over the little tray in the pic put me off.


Here's a partial view of the compound of Holiday Inn. That's the swimming pool. Nice yah? Our block is the one on the extreme right (partially visible).

That's our seafood dinner on the first night. That's how much the three of us ate (myself, hubby and Uchang). Oh and a plate of nasi goreng (fried rice) shared by us. The fish was extremely nice, got a sweet aroma and taste real sweet! The fried bitter gourd with egg was also fantastic. As my hubby said, he had never heard me complimenting any bitter gourd dish. But this was really good. The chilli crab was a little disappointing though. I was looking forward to enjoying the crab but ended up enjoying the other 2 dishes. Basically the sauce was not really nice. I was somewhat disappointed by the chilli served in Batam (the only chilli I enjoyed while there was the greenie chilli padi with light soy sauce).

All in all, I had a great trip. I am planning for the next one soon! One which I will bring daddy along.

24 Jun 08 (9.16pm)

2 comments:

Old Beng said...

I was there with my wife and 2 nephews the week before you. Same Resort Hotel but mine was a 2-bedroom suite.

Maomie said...

Really! Any other nice things or hotel to recommend? Planning to go again next month. Maybe just stay one night. :)