Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I've conquered M&M!!

Might & Magic, that is.

Over the last few months (maybe three, maybe four), I have been entertained by a game, called Might and Magic - For Blood and Honour, which my hubby has played for seven years. Seven years!!!

And just on 19 August, I have completed the whole game and even had a certificate! Isn't that quite an achievement. It required a lot of mind works and mind-boggling moments.

But of course, I had the help of the expert to show me the 'way'. And of course, being a newbie, I had created many unwanted opportunties for my hubby to laugh at, tease, make fun of my silliness, stupidity, clumsiness at the game. And making silly comments and stupid questions - that's what he thought.

Now that I have completed once, I am going to do it again, this time, hopefully mostly on my own. But then......I will still need the guy's help every now and then. Wait till I have master the game a few more times, and I can challenge the seven-year guy!

The game involves creating and building your characters, determining the level of skills they possess at the basic levels. As the game progress, your characters should have built up the skills, in terms of weapons, armor, magic, spells, etc...to an advanced level for them. This is required for them to do the quests throughout the games. Find golds to add to your bank account so that you can use them to purchase skills and whatever you need to upgrade. The monsters get more difficult to manage as the levels increase.

You get the thrill of finding precious weapons and armour, the relics and artifacts which can increase your skill levels by leaps and bounds.

So it is quite a challenge and one gets satisfaction at the completion of each quest - esp when you hear the sound of gold deposited to your account! (wish they were real!)

I had grumbled when I found my hubby so engrossed with the game when we were just married. For a while I tried to understand and play the game, but gave up. After a few months, I tried at it again, and found it to be more interesting as I played on! And er.....I started to 'compete' with him for the computer. Ahem, he probably needs to 'beg' me for more computer time now. :D

Well, I would like to show off that 'certificate' the game had 'conferred' upon me - but not now as I have yet to find a way to convert it to a picture file. What a bother!

22 Aug 2007

No comments: