Saturday, October 15, 2016

My bedtime nonsense with little gal

Why are there lightning and (then) thunder? My bedtime nonsense with little gal again.

Last night both of us lied down to sleep with the still heavy thundery showers. As we spoke, the lightning became intense and was much more obvious in the totally dark room.

I blurted:"Who is trying to turn on the lights?" Little gal looked at me. Feeling I had to continue with that conversation, I said:"Oh, I know! 雷公 (thundergod) was trying turn on the lights. And when he cannot manage to turn them on, he becomes angry and said 'GOOOOOONG'!

Little gal chuckled nonstop.

For the next 10 minutes, and as I shut my eyes to sleep , I kept hearing the noise beside me asking "who is trying to turn on the lights" and chuckled, each time the lightning cracked.

No comments: