Friday, November 5, 2010

Moments with Yoga


I have finally decided that I have slacked so much to the stage which is scaring me lots. Other than trying to bring jogging back to my life (eg weekend jogs) I have also signed up for yoga class at my community club.

I was a little apprehensive at first as my very early experiences with yoga did not end good. But I wanted to go at it again. So this time, I went to get a yoga mat. My first lesson began this Wed (3 Nov). One hour per week. Coincidentally, one of my colleague was also in the class.

The first lesson started well. Thank goodness this time round, I didn't feel the discomfort from my body when I first tried it close to 10 years ago. But it did strained some of my back parts which I think it's good.

Other than some basic stretches, the instructor taught us the Sun Salutation movement. 12 steps in all, but I can't remember everything after just one lesson. Anyway, this will be reinforced in our coming lessons and I hope I can master it smoothly as we go along.

Found a clip on YouTube on the movements: Sun Salutation (Yoga for beginners)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sun salutation!!! we (kel n me) are pro in this movement..come to my hse..i demo for u !! hahahahaha...dammm shack!!!

Maomie said...

Huh? Tot you do pilate, got yoga meh?

Unknown said...

mine is yogalites.. :D