Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I am a perfectionist? You must be kidding!

I wonder why people use a term like 'perfectionist' to describe me. I wonder which aspects of my actions, attitudes give them such a thought.

Here me out: I am FAR from it! If I am a perfectionist, then a lot of people out there are angels.

I am more like a 'anything goes' person. Am I not? I know for one person who said that, he was trying to make a point that I am 'too slow' in completing my task because I try to make sure every step in front is cleared before I move on. Woah, and that makes me a perfectionist? Must have been a polite, diplomatic compliment.

The other one - well, perhaps because I have many requests or too particular about certain things. Come on, people have many requests that they hope will be met. I have too, but if they are not met, I am disappointed, but I hardly 'kill' people for not meeting my requests. Does that also make me a perfectionist? Are we really vocab poor or are we using terms too freely?

I reiterate: I am not even a fraction of the real perfectionist and I certainly won't buy that term on myself.

No comments: