Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wonderful evening with the SSO

I have definitely selected the right series. The pieces were all pretty motivating and had a great effect of raising my mood.



I had not been to SSO (Singapore Symphony Orchestra) concerts for years and I was, and still am so glad that the excitement is still there. The feeling was great when I reached the Esplanade.

I had chosen this session partly because of Lan Shui who conducted the evening's programme. I have 'adored' him since he had taken over the Music Directorship of SSO from Lim Yau in 1997. Had been to a few concerts conducted by him and then stopped for a couple of years.



Lan Shui, Conductor

Huseyin Sermet, Pianist



This evening's programme:





FROM THE NEW WORLD



SAMUEL BARBER

Music for a Scene from Shelley, Op. 7 (20min)


FREDERIC CHOPIN

Piano Concerto No. 2 in F minor, Op 21 (32 min)
(Graced by Huseyin Sermet)


ANTONIN DVORAK

Symphony No. 9 in E minor, Op. (40 min)






Huseyin's autograph session during the intermission.

No comments: